Ahava Felicidad Hair and Body serves naturals and those transitioning to natural growth hair from relaxers or locs and anyone who wishes to be free of chemical processing and chemicals in products that damage hair. No matter what your hair is like we love and we serve kinky curly wavy straight and all mixed textures for clients of multi-ethnic & mixed backgrounds. Specialty is always our specialty.
We at Ahava Felicidad Hair and Body can assist you in manifesting the healthiest hair, feeling the best you can feel when you look in the mirror and loving everything about your natural hair.
Our mission is to assist naturals on the journey to better health and wellness, through being natural with you hair – being natural is a lifestyle choice. We want you to love your hair as much as we do and work to provide you with an outlet for being the true natural beauty you are meant to be – chemical free and Fancy Free, Shockingly Sweet and Terrific!
Ahava Felicidad Hair and Body offers full regime consultations and training for individuals and caregivers, intense deep hair therapy wrap treatments with custom mixes, aromatherapy, microlinking, brazilian knotting, beader crochet weaves, ribbon extensions, curly cut consultations, loc removal and transitions, scalp exfoliating sugar scrubs, transition to natural sets, treebraiding, cornrows, 2 & 3 strand twisting , 2 & 3 strand flat twisting, flat rope twisting, trainings, event hosting, meetups, workshops, classes and more.
Below you will find pertinent information about working with us. As we grow and expand, so do you. Be sure to read it all and ask questions about anything you don’t understand so we’re all on the same page moving forward.
Scheduling and Consulting
- ALL NEW CLIENTS must CONSULT with Ahava Felicidad or other natural hair professional, freelancer, consultant or qualified member of Team Naturiotic before scheduling their first hair healing session by reservation. This guarantees that your stylist is able to introduce you to the Ahava Felicidad Hair and Body philosophy and give you a personalized, in-depth hair analysis.
- Consults and sessions -both reserved and private reserved are by prepaid deposit cash or credit at the time of making your reservation.
- Consults can be combined with hair sessions at times.
- Call, email or stop by the open forum for brochures with starting prices for consultations which are designed to improve your overall service and your studio experience.
- Ask about events and seminar pricing.
- Paid consultations are available by reservation at Studio PURE 10:30am-6:30pm Wednesday, Friday, select Saturdays and select Sundays.
- Free mini-consultations are also available Thursdays 6:00-10:00pm in 10-15 minute increments at the Dr. Brown’s Structured Water and Ahava Your Hair Open Forum (like a meetup).
- Most full consults at the studio are 2.5 hrs based on your needs discussed by phone with The Holistic Hair Healer™ or member of Team Naturiotic and range from $150-$450 for personal hair practice, to determine hair care needs, length of time for service, pricing, technique learning, product recommendations and more. Our consults save you hundreds of dollars over time by eliminating your use of chemically based products that can cause hair loss and exacerbate thinning.
Accomodations for consults outside of the above listed times can be made for those with special circumstances around work and family related scheduling. Please let us know so we can work to assist you.
Telephone consultations are also available- please ask about phone consults if you or someone you know is out of the area and needs a phone consult. Payment for telephone consultations can be made through our main online store at holistichairhealer.ecrater.com.
Renaissance & Renaissance PLUS Consultations are set up like private hair classes to meet your needs for at home care as well as studio visits. This consult makes you like a Renaissance woman with your hair. Click here for Renaissance gift certificates for consultations.
Classic & Classic PLUS Consultations are introductory for those who do not need as much as Renaissance up front. They are short at 45 min-1 hr covering hair assessment, lifestyle styling, measurements & counts (if needed-especially in the case of locs for removal and transitions) and you are given 1 product recommendation from each of 5 categories of leave-in conditioner, rinse out condition for co-washing, styling cream, mousse and gel that are right for you. This type of consult can only be scheduled by phone or in person.
Baroque Consultations $450 3 hrs. Everything from the Renaissance PLUS and includes $150 of starter products that last 30-60 days. Starter products included from the Felicidad Hair Sugar Coconut Lemon Cake, Giovanni, Andalou, Dr. Brown’s Healing Water & RA Cosmetics. 10 day minimum advance reservation.
It is also a time for you to review photos of the various styling possibilities in magazines, which can also be done via the Ahava Felicidad Hair and Body Facebook website/fanpage with albums, Instagram, Google searches for natural hairstyles, blog http://ahavafelidad.wordpress.com, FLICKR photostream and YouTube Ahava Felicidad The Holistic Hair Healer™. To view personal clients photos be sure to visit our online sites..
All Ahava Felicidad Hair and Body prices are based on the hair’s condition, texture, density and length, as well as scalp health. An accurate price will be quoted after a proper hair analysis and your client profile has been created. In some instances, like if we have not met you in person, you may be asked to send 2-3 clear photos of your hair from a few angles to get started. All services are full service unless otherwise noted. Like in the case of workshops where clients know how to properly condition wash and cleanse their own tresses and are prepped to practice.
Those clients with locs who are looking to transition to another style would require a consultation like someone with natural growth hair to determine what will work best going forward.
Preparing For Your Consultation
Please arrive at your consultation with your hair in its natural state. If you have hair loss due to braids, twists or weaves, we must be able to see this to allow for an accurate visual and touch analysis and to determine your hair care needs. You will discuss your hair care needs in a 10-15 minute conversation with The Holistic Hair Healer™ when you are being scheduled by phone or in person at the weekly open forum in Montclair, NJ USA.
Preparing for your Hair Healing Session
Ahava Felicidad Hair and Body and Ahava Felicidad The Holistic Hair Healer™ offer condition washing aka co-washing – and cleansing with Felicidad Hair Sugar, DBSW (Dr. Brown’s Structured Water) and a natural conditioner.
Here are some guidelines to ensure you get the most out of your hair care experience.
- Please remove and detangle natural growth hair, braids, extensions, twists, or loc styling before your appointment and come with your hair completely detangled.
- $25 + up for detangling, if we have to detangle hair that is massively tangled and braid removal. If we have to remove braids and extensions without prior notice, this will incur additional time and fees. It may also result in the need to reschedule your appointment. To avoid this happening we talk about how to care for your hair and that of your child(ren) in your consultation and package you accordingly.
- Prior to arriving for your session, please finger comb through your hair in sections thoroughly after you have removed all braids, twists and extensions. You will be told how to do this in your consult and can also visit the YouTube channel- Ahava Felicidad The Holistic Hair Healer for guidance.
- Please do not apply any chemicals, heat tools or blow-dry your hair prior to the service, unless instructed to do so before your service.
- Please refrain from shampooing or irritating your scalp 48 hours to a natural hair color enhancement service.
- Parents and caregivers must stay with your children up until the time of their co-wash or throughout the entire session based on age. Teens age 16 + up until the co-wash, children ages 8-15 entire session.
We make every effort to communicate styling with you before your service so everyone’s needs are met. We talk about and often schedule the style in advance and go over needs for the style and will review maintenance of the style at home as well as how long it is expected to last with proper care. At times this is done by emails since many clients find inspiration online. If in the event that you change your style when you arrive to your session to something that is priced less than your original style, you will be charged the minimum pricing of the original style chosen. Your hair healing session is a reserved session that can be upgraded to aromatherapy mixes that do not require additional time – not downgraded once reserved. Styles that require additional time and service may have to be scheduled for a later date and we go over that together while reserving sessions and packages so every client/members needs are met and reservations flow smoothly.
If you wish change your style to something that cannot be achieved in the time allotted for your session i.e. you have a 3 to 4 hour session expected and it becomes 4 to 5 hrs. and there are other clients coming in for services behind you, you may have to reschedule and will be charged $75 for that time. We value your originality and creative input and wish to give you what you want in a way that works for everyone receiving hair healing services.
Rewards, Perks and Bonuses
There are often specials running for services that range from 1 month to 1 year. Be sure to stay abreast by checking the blog, checking your email and Facebook Ahava Felicidad Hair and Body for those specials. Clients can be rewarded sometimes just for opening and reading email and letting us know.
Braiding Extensions and Weaving
- Weaving, Braiding and twisting services with extensions require a non-refundable 50% deposit to reserve space.
- Minimum 10 day advance on scheduling.
Buying Hair Extensions
- Clients are responsible for the purchase of hair for extensions or arranging for us to get the hair, as we do not stock hair at the studio.
- We consult with you on your style and you’ll be given options for the purchase of your hair, which includes beauty supply stores and websites for ordering hair in advance. There are several options and price ranges for hair/fibers of synthetic/kanekalon/toyokalon, afro twists, baby curl, human kinky and more.
- $50/hr in half hour increments (reserve a personal shopper service) for specialty trips to meet clients to choose hair.
- $15 service fee in addition to the cost of the hair which is due at least 10 business days before your reserved session, if you need your hair purchased for you.
Timely Arrival to Studio PURE℠ by Ahava Felicidad
We want your studio experience to be as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. In order to expedite your service, we ask that our clients arrive on time. We will do our best to ensure that your appointment begins on time and is completed in a timely fashion. There may at times be a wait if you are scheduled with other clients.
- If you are on a time schedule-please let us know in advance when you are scheduling so we can best serve you.
- We arrive and expect your arrival 10-15 minutes before your service, if you are the first client of the day. In this case you would be told that you are the first client in or the first after a break.
- If we are running behind schedule, we will call you the moment we realize it.
- We extend a 15-minute grace period when you call to inform us that you are running late.
- We cannot guarantee services to clients who arrive later than 30 minutes after their scheduled time.
Appointments with a Holistic Hair Helper
We all have to start somewhere! From time to time we have volunteers, interns and trainees – budding hair healers who have chosen to specialize in natural hair and scalp care. If available, a session with a holistic hair helper is monitored by management and may be discounted based on service and skill level.
Client Consultations and Hair Healing Sessions are by
Space reservation only to serve everyone better in the studio.
Please call (973) 619-2855 to reserve
You can also come to the Open Forum
Panera Bread 15 Bloomfield Avenue
Montclair, NJ USA 07042
Free 10-15 minute consults with Ahava Felicidad
Potential clients can reserve sessions starting between 6:30-7:30
Open forum 8-10
Children/Additional guests at the studio
You must let us know of your need to bring a child or adult guest. Our waiting area is cozy, and will only accommodate a few people who are receiving services. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Products Returns Refunds
There are NO refunds, returns or exchanges of distributor products, co-op products, custom services and items purchased through Ahava Felicidad Hair and Body.
Custom orders for the Felicidad Signature™ line of scalp, hair and body care are processed on a schedule and batched fresh for pickup and delivery. See the online stores at www.holistichairhealer.ecrater.com for public pricing on Felicidad Signature Line and “Other People’s Natural Products”. Only select custom product services are offered to the public and client exclusives receive insider pricing on all custom care made with high quality ingredient bases, oils and essential oils.
Lost or Forgotten Items
Ahava Felicidad Hair and Body and you are responsible for personal items brought into the studio. The studio store is a clean open space and you have to be sure to keep everything in one area with your bag or coat and check to make sure you have everything you came with when you leave. We ask that clients keep up with their personal belongings, and in case of left items, we will make every effort to reach you for safe return.